Creating a colour flow throughout your home will help you achieve a harmonious atmosphere that is both warm and inviting. Have you ever walked into a home and become fidgety or felt that something was just off? If so, chances are, the colours inside the home were mismatched. Colours around us affect our perception and moods in a most profound way. They can make us feel comfortable or they can make us feel disconnected.
If you are looking to paint and redecorate your home, it’s important to pay special attention to your overall colour scheme. The right shades of colour will create a sense of harmony and continuity throughout your home. A balanced colour scheme connects one room to the next.
You can create the perfect colour flow according to your personality, style and layout of your home. If you are unsure of what colours would look best in your home, consider hiring painters & decorators in Bradford to help you. Visit here for more information.
A design team can visit your home and discuss your personal preferences as well as give you tips and ideas on how to create the look you want. If you want to get a head start before they arrive, here are some design ideas to keep in mind when selecting colour schemes.
* Use darker and lighter shades of the same colour throughout your entire home. Think about how you want the colours to look as you move from room to room. Go to your local hardware or home store to look at paint chip samples to get an idea of what colours and shades appeal to you.
* Select hues with comparable undertones to create continuity. If you love blues with red undertones, look for other colours with red undertones.
* Have a look at your overall décor and get some inspiration from your furniture and artwork. Pick colours that match the fabric, accessories or favourite artwork for more colour ideas.
* Pick five of your favourite colours and then choose primary, secondary and accent colours for every room or area of your home.
* Use pillows, wall stencils and window treatments to complement each colour and scheme.
When you hire a professional painter and decorator you can choose the colour scheme together. Many companies have special software that will give you a preview of your home will look like with the colours you’ve selected. Having a professional by your side can help you avoid costly mistakes and transform your home from ordinary to extraordinary.
Halls Decorating & Painting Contractors Ltd are well-known, experienced painters and decorators in Bradford that take pride in transforming homes into masterpieces. Visit them online for more information about their services.
Be the first to like.