Car repairs in Paignton and other local areas can be expensive, especially if you drive an older vehicle. You may think it’s in the shop more than it is on the road! But it doesn’t have to be that way. With some pre-planning and regular maintenance, you can enjoy your car for years to come. Here are just a few ways you can keep your car out of the shop.
* Establish a regular maintenance schedule: At the very minimum, have your oil and brakes checked, as well as your lights and fluids. Also keep it clean, both inside and out. A clean and shiny exterior means less rust over time.
* Don’t deplete your battery: Fortunately this is harder to do in newer cars, because they are equipped with battery-saving devices. In older cars, however, you’ll have to be careful not to deplete the battery by using your DVD player, radio, etc. when the car isn’t running. If this happens too often, it will shorten the battery life.
* Never ignore warning lights: They are there for a reason, and if a light comes on, get it checked immediately. It could be something minor, but if you ignore it, it could turn out to be major, costing you a lot more money. You don’t want to be stuck at the side of the road because you thought you’d get it looked at ‘someday.’ Make that day today!
* Hit a pothole? Check your alignment: A monster pothole could mean you’re alignment has been compromised. This causes wear and tear on your tyres which could lead to a blow-out in extreme cases.
* Fix windscreen cracks right away: Even a small crack can spread quickly, which compromises your line of view and the safety of you and your passengers. Chips and cracks are easy to fix, and in many cases only take a few hours.
Monnington Motors Ltd offers professional and high-quality car repair services for all types of vehicle from prestige models to work vans. Visit them online for more details.
Be the first to like.